So you’ve heard of snapchat right? To be honest I think about 90% of anyone who reads this will have downloaded snapchat and regularly use it. Myself, on the other hand, I don’t have it. You want to know why?
1. Okay so I appreciate the majority of people are going to use snapchat wisely but there are quite a few occasions where people use snapchat in the wrong way, you all know what I mean so
So there’s no need for me to go on.
2. You’re photo only stays on for upto 10 seconds? False, anyone can screenshot your photo and there are app developers trying to create something so you can save snapchats. So that cringey photo might not just be around for a few seconds
3. “selfies”. We all take the odd selfie for an Instagram or to send to our friends but if you’re sat there taking photos of yourself 50 times a day, it ain’t cool bro.
4. The average user takes 50 photos a day, that a lot of time spent on your phone when there’s a whole world out there to explore?
5. You already got Instagram, twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, whatsapp, Skype, FaceTime, LinkedIn- the list go on, why do you need another social media account to waste even more time ‘talking’ to people you see on a daily basis?
6. You get a point per photo you send or receive, for me- that makes it really competitive. You don’t want to be that person with hardly any points and so you snapchat more, which just proves points 3,4 and 5!
7. You can’t see what you sent. I know this is the whole point of snap chat but if you can’t remember what you sent or think you might regret the snap chat you can’t even check…
8. Ever seen those people who text each other even though they’re say right next to each other. Imagine two people sat next to each other taking selfies of themselves. Time wasting or what?
9. We all get those messages we don’t want to reply to. With snapchat you can see if someone has opened your message so there’s no hiding the fact and this leads to higher response rates to save upset and annoying the sender, more messages mean more time spent on your phone, less time talking to those around you, less phone battery, higher mobile data used, higher phone bill etc
10. I’m normally a bit of a sheep when it comes to ‘trends’ but every so often it’s nice to just see one go past and not be a part of it. I get asked a lot why I don’t have Snapchat but to be honest, why would I want to follow everyone else all the time?
This is why I don’t want to download snapchat. I appreciate there are loads of people out there who are careful with it and don’t use it all the time but in this increasing dependency on technology you never know what will happen.
This is really different to my normal posts, it’s a lot more opinionated- is that a good or bad thing though? I would really appreciate some feedback on this post!
What are your thoughts on snapchat?
“Only know you love her when you let her go…and you let her go”🎶